This blog is adopted from private communications by friends.
Peaceful Revolution for the US
Tea Party in the US has galvanized conservative Republican Party base to action. Republican Party leadership in general and in the Republicans Presidential debates, in particular, we see a chaos precipitated by the extreme right conservative movement.
Occupy Wall Street movement is by progressive jobless American youth. The movement is more than a month old and spreading like wild fire to all across the US as well as parts of Europe.
Arab Springs have toppled three dictators, three more are on the way out and remaining 51 of 57 dictators in the OIC (Organization of Islamic Communities) states are rethinking how to continue to be in power.
All Americans can not march on streets as the Tea Party, the Occupy Wall Streeter’s or the Arab youth. They come together through global internet connectivity. All those who can not participate in street demonstrations can exploit their e-messaging power to start participating in one additional way in this on-going revolution by starting a movement to reform the US Congress.
Reforming the US Congress
The US Congress starting mid-term elections of 2010 has become the biggest obstacle to people’s progressive agenda. The US needs to reform the congress and Mr Warren Buffet has offered an elegant solution.
“I could end the debt deficit in 5 minutes”, Warren Buffett offered his solution to solve the debt Ceiling Crisis on CNBC. “You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.”
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified!
Simple! The people demanded it.
That was in 1971 before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land all because of public pressure.
Three Days to Reach Out to All Americans
Taking a hint from Warren Buffet I am asking each of you to forward this message to a minimum of twenty people on your e-address list and in turn, ask each recipient of your e-message to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
In a spirit of the Occupy Wall Street and the Tea Party movements if each person contacts a minimum of twenty people to spread this message by e-mails and other social media mediums then it should take only three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message.
It is time to take on the US Congress.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESSMEN!!!!!
If you agree with the above, pass it on. You are one of my 20+. Please keep it going.
Some suggestions for the Congressional Reform Act of 2011
- No Tenure / No Pension:
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
- Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security: All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
- Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
- Congressmen will no longer have power to vote a pay raise for members of congress. Congressional
pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as
the American people.
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
Copyright and Disclaimer:
The views expressed in this blog/article are the author's own and not of this website. The author is solely responsible for the contents of this blog/article. This website does not represent or endorse the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any opinion, statement, appeal, advice, quotes from other reference materials or any other information in the blog/article. The same disclaimer applies to all the comments on this blog/article. Our visitors are free to forward this page URL (web address) to others in emails or put the links on individual facebook, twitter webpages strictly for non-commercial use. But the entire article should not be published/republished on other sites without the prior permission from us.