In the making of choices lies the future of any nation.
A distraught Pakistani in an op-ed observed,
- In Pakistan the sentiments are more towards anxiety and
apprehension coupled with confusion over the implications of this event
taking place right in the center of the country.
- Pakistan, with a tattered economy and weak and corrupt
With “an hour of reflection and decision,” the identified costs for Pakistan are:
- $68 billion on the war on terror
- Lost 32,000 human lives in the process
- Spent 80 percent of national budget on defense and debt servicing
for aid taken to fund the war
It took a few more minutes to understand why the first decade of 21st century has been a loose-loose proposition for all concerned as a result of the Islamabad policies implemented by the BACWAS (bureaucrats, army, clerics, warlords and scholars) establishment over last 40 years.
We know or should know some truth and reality judging from history, such as:
- The blunders of Dictator Ayub Khan, PM Z. A. Bhutto and Dictator
Yahya Khan created the Pakistan as we know today after
liberation of Bangladesh. After 1971 the Pakistan of 1947 ceased to
- The blunders and conspiracies hatched by Dictator Musharraf and
two ISI chiefs – General Kayani and Pasha – are now haunting Pakistan establishment.
The wars of first decade of 21st century are the unintended consequence of out sourcing the first Afghan War by America to Pakistan.
- For neglecting the Af-Pak region in 1990s America has been made to pay dearly both in men and materials.
- The attacks of 2001 on America by terrorist trained by Pakistani army were planned conspiracies.
- Innocent by-standing Muslims caught in cross-fires between America and al Qaeda/Taliban/ISI brand jihadis have paid dearly in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq for the follies of its leaders.
- Tens of thousands of American as well as Muslim lives have been lost and America has incurred a loss of $4 trillion over ten years.
- For a decade Pakistan collected about $20 billion and some more; a part of $150 billion a year America spends to maintain its forces in Afghanistan is spent in Pakistan in the form of transportation costs, etc
for 80% of American supplies passing through Pakistan from the port of Karachi to American and NATO bases in Afghanistan.
- These financial benefits were sufficient for Pakistan’s GDP to grow at about 7% during Dictator Musharraf’s years in power.
- The murder of Osama bin Laden in Abbotabad may be the beginning of the end of the Af-Pak as we know it today.
Copyright and Disclaimer:
The views expressed in this blog/article are the author's own and not of this website. The author is solely responsible for the contents of this blog/article. This website does not represent or endorse the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any opinion, statement, appeal, advice, quotes from other reference materials or any other information in the blog/article. The same disclaimer applies to all the comments on this blog/article. Our visitors are free to forward this page URL (web address) to others in emails or put the links on individual facebook, twitter webpages strictly for non-commercial use. But the entire article should not be published/republished on other sites without the prior permission from us.